Wirral Floating Support and Selective Licensing Service

What we do:

Provide support and guidance to people who are trying to access housing on the Wirral.

Do you need help with any of the following?

  • Help and advice on getting registered on Property Pool Plus and with the registered social landlord on the Wirral.

  • Support to maintain your tenancy/accommodation

  • Help to set up home as a new resident

  • Support to develop your independent living skills

  • Help to access other agencies/services to assist in making benefit claims

  • Help with budgeting

  • Advice around property issues

  • tackling anti social behaviour in your neighbourhood

Selective Licensing Service:

Specialist service set up by Wirral Borough Council for the support of tenants of private landlords who fall into the 4 ‘Selective Licensing’ areas.

  • Support with communicating with your landlord

  • help with getting repairs addressed in your home

  • tackling anti social behaviour in your neighbourhood

  • having adaptations made to your home to assist with any disabilities

  • help to manage finances

  • help to access education, training or employment

  • advice on making benefit claims and developing independent living skills

  • help and support in accessing other agencies/services.

Current 4 Selective Licensing areas:

Birkenhead South, EgertonNorth, Seacombe Library & EgremontvPromenade South

Proposed new areas of Selective Licensing:

Hamilton Square, Seacombe St Pauls, Birkenhead West & Birkenhead Central

We are an independent and confidential service which is free of charge and tailored to your support needs and what is important to you.

For more information on the services or to make a referral please call the team on:

0151 329 2772 ext 715

(refers can also complete Mainstay direct referrals)

Rough sleeping?

If you are rough sleeping or at risk of rough sleeping, please contact us and we can provide you with information of services that can assist you.